Bishop Benjamin Laney's Charity assists Apprentices & Students further their education through the giving of grants and awards.
Established in 1674 on the death of Bishop Laney, it was his wish from his last testament that the rent and other income from his estates were used each year to assist the residents primarily of the parishes of Ely and Soham, in accordance with the objectives.
If funds permit, the Trustees of the Charity are able to consider applications from the catchment areas of the Village Colleges in Soham and Ely.
For further information please contact the Charity Secretary or submit an application which can be found on this website.
Charity Registration No. 311306
Bishop Laney's Charity Secretary, George Court, Bartholomew's Walk, Ely, Cambs CB7 4JW